Volunteer @ JFL42
Do you love festivals? Do you love comedy? Do you love festivals and comedy together? Eureka! JFL42 is looking for volunteers to help us bring all our cool comedy stuff to the good people of Toronto! We’re looking for charming and delightful volunteers who are good with people, don’t mind late nights, and aren’t intimidated by the fast paced nature of running a festival, to help us with a range of things from stuffing envelopes to ushering. What’s in it for you, you ask? Well, you get to work with us (win!), a JFL42 t-shirt (sweet!) and a pass to see some of our amazing shows (yeah!).
If this sounds like something you’re interested in then send us a nice message at firstname.lastname@example.org, and don’t forget to include your resume and your availability between Monday September 21st and Monday October 5th.
Social Media Volunteer
Are you a comedy nerd who knows how to make people laugh with your writing? Are you on the up-and-up when it comes to social media? Are you based in MTL but down with working in Toronto from September 24 - OCtober 3? Then JFL42 is looking for someone a LOT like you to be our Social Media volunteer!
- Editing and writing copy for all social media platforms
- Organizing and keeping on top of social media schedules and master lists up to and during the festival
- Aggregate research for content creation
- Available to help with day to day tasks during the Festival
- Assist in creating and launching social media campaigns such as live tweeting events
- Ability to use Microsoft office (Excel, Word, Outlook)
- Excellent writing skills
- Strong knowledge of social media platforms such as Twitter, Facebook, Vine, Instagram, HootSuite, Youtube… the works!
- Very strong organizational skills
- Strong social skills
- Ability to work well under pressure
- Ability to multi task
- Able to work flexible hours
- Currently completing or have a degree in English, Creative Writing, Communications, Marketing or equivalent experience an asset
- Love of or experience in comedy and the performing arts an asset
We need someone who can start working with us immediately until October 5th. (P.S. this is a full-time gig). Let’s get this show on the road! Please Send CV, writing sample & cover letter to email@example.com
No phone calls please. Only candidates selected for an interview will be contacted.